Experience a night in a Windmill from 1590
- Waarland, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- 1-4 guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Living room
- 1 Bathroom
About this accommodation
The guesthouse section of the mill, with its own entrance, is suitable for both a (romantic) overnight stay for 2 people and for an overnight stay with older children. In total there are 4 sleeping places (3 beds). There is a room with a lovely double bed and a mezzanine with 2 single beds which can be moved next to one another. From the 7 windows in the mill you have a fantastic view over the surrounding land and water. In the living room, you can enjoy the impressive construction from 1590 from the comfortable sofa or watch TV. The mill also has wifi and bluetooth speakers. Furthermore, there is an authentic bathroom with a shower and a toilet / bidet. Breakfast is not standardly served but can be added to the booking. It is also possible to make your own breakfast since crockery / cutlery and a mini fridge are available.
The mill is centrally located in North Holland and is therefore the perfect base for people who want to discover this versatile province. Within half an hour you can reach coastal towns like Bergen, Schoorl, Egmond aan Zee or Callantsoog. If you would rather spend a day shopping, you can reach the center of Alkmaar within fifteen minutes. People who love cycling can also indulge themselves in this area.
When the wind is favorable, the mill turns.
In short, this mill is a special place to spend your vacation which will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Please note: the mill has been kept in its original state as much as possible. Thus, there are steep stairs and no stair gates. Therefore, children from 0 to 5 years are not allowed.
Most popular facilities
Suitable for:1-4 guests
Minimum stay:1 night
Maximum stay:No maximum
Check-inFrom 14:30 to 22:00
No parties / events
- Candles, smoking and any other form of fire is strictly prohibited in and around the mill.
- With the exception of an electric shaver, electric toothbrush, phone chargers and laptop, bringing electrical appliances is NOT allowed, due to short circuit, overload, and fire risk.
- The room is accessible by means of a steep staircase (24 steps).
- NOTE: For safety reasons, children between 0 and 5 years are not allowed. There are no stair safety gates, there is water nearby, and the accommodation is not child safe.
- Within 48 hours before arrival, you will receive an email from the landlord with more information about your stay. If you have any questions about the accommodation after your booking, please contact us via e-mail.
- Direct cancellation within 24 hours, subject to an administration fee
- 50% of the price refunded up to 43 days before the check-in date
- 10% of the price refunded from 43 days before the check-in date
Included in your booking
Possible additional costs
See what guests enjoyed most
Because only guests who have booked through Vipio can leave a review, you will always see real reviews!
Stayed 1 night with 2 guests
We had a wonderful and magical stay in this extraordinary windmill. Ruben and Elisa, the owners, have thought of every details to make this place as relaxing as possible.
Me and my husband celebrate of our anniversary in a different way.
Stayed 3 nights with 4 guests
Stayed 1 night with 2 guests
Beautifully decorated. You feel at home there!
Mooi ingericht. Je voelt je er thuis!