Luxury accommodation in this unique church-30%
- Rinsumageast, Friesland, Netherlands
- 1-10 guests
- 1 Living room
- 5 Badkamers
- 1 Kitchen
- 5 Slaapkamers
About this accommodation
This former Reformed church in Rinsumageest, Friesland, was built in 1913. Back then, a total of 700 people could fit in the church. Around the turn of the century, the number of visitors to the church decreased and it was eventually purchased by the current owner in 2014. After an intensive renovation, the church was reopened in 2020 as a unique place to spend the night with as many as 10 people.
The church is an ideal accommodation for a stay with your family, friends or company wishing to use the church as a meeting/brainstorming location with an overnight stay.
This is an offer for a minimum stay of 2 nights in the period until December 23, 2022.
When you book the church, you will have the entire church just for you and your party. Therefore, there will be no other guests. This means that if you book the church for only 2 or 4 people, you will still have the entire church alone. It is also good to know that the church is not a hotel, so there is no restaurant in the church, you provide your own meals and breakfast. However, it should not be a problem with the luxury kitchen at your disposal. Upon request, we can also put you in touch with a private chef or caterer if necessary.
The church has the following rooms:
- Living room with a sitting area with a gas fireplace, a dining table, and a bar.
- Open kitchen with a refrigerator, a freezer, 2 dishwashers, 2 ovens, a boiling water tap, 6 gas hobs, a warming drawer, and a coffee maker including coffee, sugar and milk.
- Bedroom 1 (bridal suite with a balcony on the top of the church where the old organ stood) Double bed (180x200) with en suite bathroom with a shower and Jacuzzi.
- Bedroom 2 (in the old church council) Double bed (180x200) with en suite bathroom with shower and sauna.
- Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds that can be pushed together to form a double bed. En suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 4 with 2 single beds that can be pushed together to form a double bed. En suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 5 with 2 single beds that can be pushed together to form a double bed. En suite bathroom with shower.
- Upstairs is a meeting/training room for up to 16 people, with a whiteboard and TV for presentations.
Outside you have access to a garden with a dining table and sitting area. Parking is free in front of the church or at the parking lots (4 cars).
Rinsumageest is a small village that has existed for over 1000 years. As it is an important and prosperous village, it has a rich history. This is visible in the village center where many historical buildings are located. Rinsumageest itself has no supermarket, however Damwoude (3km) has several supermarkets, a bakery and a butcher.
Dokkum (5km) is a cozy town with a beautiful old center. There, you can shop, eat out or enjoy going to a terrace.
Leeuwarden (20km) is the capital of Friesland and has everything to offer in terms of culture, restaurants, stores and nightlife. Definitely worth a visit.
Ameland can be reached by boat from Holwerd. Travel time to Holwerd is 10 minutes, from there it is 45 minutes by boat to the island. Ameland is part of the Unesco World Heritage Site and is unique. Rent bikes after arriving by boat and experience a day out on the beach, in the sun, with terraces and the unique landscape on this beautiful Wadden Island.
Most popular facilities
Suitable for:1-10 guests
Minimum stay:2 nights
Maximum stay:No maximum
Check-inFrom 15:00 to 23:00
- No parties / events
- Non smoking
- Pets only on request
- Huisdieren alleen in overleg
- Direct cancellation within 24 hours
- 50% of the price refunded up to 1 week before the check-in date
- From 1 week before the check-in date 10% of the travel sum returned