Spend the night in a real castle
- Vorden, Gelderland, Netherlands
- 1-7 guests
- 1 Living room
- 3 Badkamers
- 1 Kitchen
- 3 Slaapkamers
About this accommodation
Imagine yourself a the lord or lady of the castle for a few days. The owners are happy to welcome you on the special guest floor, which can be reached via the medieval sandstone staircase (50 steps). Here you will find 3 large bedrooms. The rooms are luxuriously, attractively and authentically furnished and include a private bathroom. Use of the downstairs kitchen (with view over the canal) including the dining area in that room is included in the price. All beds have single comforters and pillows. The landlords do their utmost to do everything as sustainably as possible. Scented detergents are therefore avoided as much as possible. It is therefore possible that the bedding does not have a (perfume) smell or still has some wrinkles from drying. Keep in mind that the rooms are cleaned very well, but in such a large castle it is unavoidable that sometimes a (dead) insect lies can be found here or there.
During your stay, when the castle is open to visitors, you can wander through the other attractively furnished authentic rooms, secret passageways, towers and cellar vaults. Admire the beautiful antique furniture, paintings, sculptures, wood carvings, porcelain and a round table donated by Princess Beatrix.
In the outer courtyard of the castle there is also a restaurant. The restaurant (open all days except Tuesdays) is located next to the castle and offers a beautiful indoor location and outdoor terrace to enjoy the best dishes from the region. Here you are welcome for breakfast, coffee, lunch, drinks, a delicious High Tea or a lovely dinner.
During your stay at the castle, it is also worthwhile exploring the surrounding area. There are several beautiful walking and cycling routes in the area. For example, cycle the famous Eight Castles route that passes by the castle. Visit nice towns like Zutphen, Deventer and Bronckhorst. At about 300 meters is the village with a supermarket, restaurants and bike rental.
Most popular facilities
Suitable for:1-7 guests
Minimum stay:2 nights
Maximum stay:No maximum
Check-inFrom 16:00 to 21:00
- No parties / events
- Non smoking
- Once you rent spaces with us, we expect you to abide by the following house rules. You must explain this to your entire group. In case of violation, we are forced to withhold (part of) the deposit, or worse, terminate your stay.
- 1. There is a kitchen with dining tables that can be used. The rent of the hole floor with basement kitchen does not include the use of the courtyard and garden or the other rooms/cellars, etc.. to eat, drink or for parties, events, BBQs, etc.. If guests wish to do this, they must discuss it for an additional fee.
- 2. It is not allowed to move things in and out of the castle or take them out of the cabinets of other rooms. So e.g. only use the cutlery, crockery, glasses, etc. that are present in the rented basement kitchen.
- 3. Everything with fire is strictly prohibited in and outside the castle. So no lighting candles outside the basement kitchen, no lighting wood stoves, etc. ...
- 4. Smoking is not allowed inside the castle (we have smoke detectors) and courtyard. Outside it is possible, but you are requested not to leave the cigarette butts, but to take them with you (to a garbage can).
- 5. Curtains may be closed, but do so carefully and cautiously, so that the curtains do not fall down!
- 6. Bicycles are not allowed on the premises. Bicycles may be stored in the barn.
- 7. Playing (with a soccer etc.) in the lawns, borders and gardens is not allowed. There are plenty of places nearby.
- 8. You can view the inside of the castle during the regular opening hours of the castle (11.00-16.00). Viewing the inside of the castle is not possible at other times.
- 9. You are expected to refrain from making excessive noise inside and outside the castle after 10pm. The castle is very noisy and we also sleep there.
- 10. No running in the castle
- 11. Normal behavior (as if it were your own home). Children should know that things are not to be broken or made dirty, etc.
- 12. You must bring your own trash. There are waste containers (with separate waste) opposite the ALDI (400m from the Castle)
- Bij overtreding van de huisregels zijn de verhuurders genoodzaakt (een deel van) de borg in te houden, of erger nog, het verblijf te beëindigen.
- U kunt het kasteel van binnen bekijken tijdens de reguliere openingstijden van het kasteel (11.00-16.00 uur). Bezichtiging van de binnenkant van het kasteel is op andere momenten niet mogelijk.
- Het is niet toegestaan om de andere ruimtes, binnenplaats of tuin van het kasteel te gebruiken om te eten of te drinken.
- Alles met vuur is ten strengste verboden in en buiten het kasteel.
- Na 22.00 uur geen overmatig lawaai meer maken binnen en buiten het kasteel.
- Direct cancellation within 24 hours
- Free rebooking up to 1 week before check-in date
- 50% of the price refunded up to 43 days before the check-in date
- 10% of the price refunded from 43 days before the check-in date